LPG leakage causes fire, three members of a family dead in MP
RAISEN: Three members of a family were burnt to death while a teenaged girl got critical burns due to fire in their house near Begamganj in Raisen district of MP.
The victim--Ram Krishna, 40, his wife Malti, and son Devendra, 13, had gone to sleep. Apparently, there was leakage in the cylinder, said police station in-charge Virendra Singh. When Ram Krishna woke up to the smell, he switched on the light.
However, this led to sparking and suddenly the house was engulfed in fire. He said it in his dying declaration in the hospital. The adjoining houses were also burnt.
Of the four member family, the couple and the son died while the daughter, Mausam alias Roli, 17, is undergoing treatment in the hospital. Her condition is critical as well. Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) OP Tripathi said that probe is on in the case.
(The photo is for representational purpose)
[By Sayeed Nadan, November 9, 2019 NewsBits.in]